Monday, December 14, 2015

Blame Nobody ... You Be Happy


One summer while travelling with my family to Australia, I met FRANKO a retired Italian engineer on an Island in Fiji, who taught me a very important lesson of life that I would like to share.

While discussing Europe, I told Frank who could not speak very much English that I was very disappointed and still angry about having gotten my wallet stolen in Amsterdam.  After telling my story, Franko the HAPPY dancing guy in the picture,  pointed at my chest and said very convincingly,  you naive Canadian you have nobody to BLAME but yourself for losing your wallet. It is up to you to learn how to take care of your own stuff, don't be blaming NOBODY.

Thank you Franko  for those very important words "Blame Nobody" when things don't go as expected.  Instead  ask "What could I have done differently", learn from experience, get over it and get back to being HAPPY.

This concept is what I call the FRANKO Principle.  Feel free to borrow the picture that I use to remind myself that we really do have the ability to control our own happiness.


Murray Guy
the Happy Dude with his Family and some pick-up Irish volleyball players



ps. If anyone knows Franko, I would love to touch base with him!




No comments:

Post a Comment